Real Property Sales
Judicial real property sales are conducted by the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office. Sales are Tuesday and Thursday (excluding holidays) at the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office. For a schedule of sale dates and times; view our Civil Current Sales list
The Oregon State Sheriff’s Association (OSSA) has a website where the notice of sale Writ of Execution and Judgment can be viewed in addition to publishing the notice in a newspaper of general circulation. Click Here to see all Sheriff’s sales posted on the OSSA website.
Attorney Instructions for Real Property Sales
In order to save time and additional steps, we ask that you consider automatically granting an extension of the writ to 150 days in the instructions to the Sheriff.
What we need from the attorney to get started:
1. Instructions to Sheriff (ORS 18.875)
2. Writ of Execution
3. Copy of the Judgment
4. $330.00 fee for the Oregon State Sheriff's Association website posting (ORS 18.926) made payable to the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office. (An invoice for remaining Sheriff's fees/costs will be mailed as soon as the sale is processed).
5. Order Authorizing Sale (if needed per ORS 18.904)
Note: If these items are not complete, we will not process and schedule the sale until we have all items.
Submitting Creditors Written Bid
1) Needs to be submitted no less than 48 hours prior to sale date and time
2) If you do not submit a written credit bid, then you must have a representative show up at the sale to present your bid
Bidder Instructions for Real Property Sales
1) Arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to sale, so we can get your information and verify your funds.
2) Only bidders with verified funds may participate in the bidding on the property.
3) At the sale, bidders other than the creditor must have cash in hand. Cash in hand means that the funds are present now. There is no time allowed to go obtain funds. Cash or certified cashier’s checks are acceptable as funds. Cashier's checks must be made out to Deschutes County Sheriff's Office.
4) These properties are subject to redemption per Oregon Revised Statute 18.960 through 18.983.
If any part of the purchase price is paid by cashier’s check, the purchaser will be given a receipt in lieu of the Certificate of Sale. The cashier’s check will then be deposited. Once we have verification the cashier's check has received final settlement at the financial institution, the purchaser will receive the Certificate of Sale by first class mail. There is a separate $56.00 fee for the Certificate of Sale and a $10.00 Notary fee for a total of $66.00.
Before bidding at the sale, a prospective bidder should independently investigate the following:
(a) The priority of the lien or interest of the judgment creditor;
(b ) Land use laws and regulations applicable to the property;
(c) Approved uses for the property;
(d) Limits on farming or forest practices on the property;
(e) Rights of neighboring property owners; and
(f) Environmental laws and regulations that affect the property.
If you have questions, you can contact us by Email, telephone, or mail.
- Phone: (541) 388-6640; Ask for a Civil Technician
- Mail Writs to the Following Address: Deschutes County Sheriff's Office, Attn: Civil Division, 63333 W. Highway 20, Bend, OR, 97703